New Horizons Elementary School
Class and school size are small;
with a total school enrollment of about 100 children
in grades K-5.
Teachers engage their students.
Ground rules set the tone for respectful behavior.
High expectations and clear consequences are articulated
to students frequently.
The staff is dedicated, experienced,
highly-qualified, and caring.
Structured classroom and school routines
provide stability and direction.
There is meaningful involvement of families,
at home and at school.
New Horizons Provides:
Integrated Technology Collaboration
Brain-Based learning Strategies
Qualities of Our Graduates:
Strength of Character
Motivated to Learn
Valued and Respected
- August 26 First Day of School
- September 1 Labor Day Holiday – School Closed
- September 2 K-1st Orientation, 6-7 pm - Parents Only
- September 3 2nd-3rd Orientation, 6-7 pm – Parents Only
- September 4 4th-5th Orientation, 6-7 pm – Parents Only
- September 20 Parent Work Day 7:30-10:30 am
- September 25 Family Kickball Night
- October 4 Harvest Moon Fundraiser
- October 13 Open House 9 am-12 pm; 5-6:30 pm
- October 24 All School Field Trip – NC Zoo!