New Horizons offers supervised after school care for all students. Activities include outdoor play time when the weather permits, creative indoor play, assisted homework and study time, crafts and games, and movie days. Snacks are given to children staying longer than one hour.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
- After school care hours are 2:30 to 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, on full-school days only.
- No after school care will be available on early release days.
- Children taking part in the after school program will go to the multi-purpose room of the annex directly after school and check in with the after school staff.
- Students are not allowed on the school’s campus or in any buildings without supervision.
- This program runs until 5:30 p.m. only. Please plan on picking your children up on time.
- Parents who are late will be charged a late fee of $5 for every 5 minutes they are late for each of their children.
NOTE: All children must be signed out by a parent or approved person picking up the child. Our after school staff retains the right to require identification from anyone prior to releasing a student.
COST: $8 per hour; $6 per hour for siblings staying at the same time as first child.
BILLING: Invoices for after school use are sent at the beginning of each month. Payment is expected within 30 days. Billing is based on usage in half-hour increments, i.e., if your child stays 1-30 minutes, you will be billed for a half-hour ($4); if your child stays 30-60 minutes, you will be billed for 1 hour ($8).
STAFFING: Stacie Smith & Elane Janz are our after school care coordinators.
Stacie Smith has a great love of children and has experience with a variety of other child care programs in Wilmington. Additionally, Stacie is certified in the following: ManageFirst, First Aid, CPR, AED, and ServSafe. Your child will be in good hands with Stacie and have fun, too.
Elane Janz is a licensed teacher with over 20 years of experience in the classroom, including substitute teaching currently at NHES. She brings her experience as a classroom teacher and as a parent to her new role in our after school program.
Click here to download a copy of the After School Enrollment Form: 2017-18 Omega Enroll Form