Fifth Grade Teacher
We are looking for a candidate that has experience in the progressive educational development of elementary students and is able to contribute to our school community beyond the classroom. Specifically, the candidate must possess an extensive knowledge of curriculum best practices, be committed to academic excellence, and have a true passion for teaching. The qualified candidate will be expected to foster critical thinking, promote leadership, and instill self-confidence in our students, as well as, interact professionally with parents and colleagues.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills to facilitate effective communication with students, parents, and colleagues
· Employment of a variety of techniques, including the meaningful use of technology, to engage students and further their critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity
· A desire to work in a collaborative environment using a growth mindset
· Strong ability to demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness to a variety of learning styles and across a range of ability levels; must have the ability to differentiate.
· Applicants must have a valid NC teaching license and at least 2 years of classroom teaching experience
· New Horizons offers a competitive salary and benefits working within a traditional school calendar
Job Type: Full-time