New Horizons Elementary School is an independent non-profit elementary school in Wilmington, NC seeking a creative, confident, team-oriented 3rd grade teacher. New Horizons is a small school with the flexibility to adapt not only to the learning needs of each child, but also to the unique dynamics the pandemic has created. With outdoor classrooms, numerous adaptations, and a robust remote learning plan if needed, we are excited to start this school year and need an equally excited and capable third grade teacher to join us.
The candidate must have experience in progressive educational development of elementary students and be able to contribute to our school community beyond the classroom. Specifically, the candidate must possess an extensive knowledge of curriculum, be committed to academic excellence, and have a true passion for teaching. The qualified candidate will be expected to foster critical thinking, promote leadership, and instill self-confidence in our students, as well as, interact professionally with parents and colleagues.
· Ability to demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness to a variety of learning styles and across a range of abilities.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills to facilitate effective communication with students, parents, and colleagues
· Employment of a variety of techniques, including the meaningful use of technology, to engage students and further their critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity
· A desire to work in a collaborative environment using a growth mindset
· Strong ability to demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness to a variety of learning styles and across a range of ability levels
· Applicants must have a valid NC teaching license and at least 2 years of classroom teaching experience
· New Horizons offers a competitive salary and benefits working within a traditional school calendar
Job Type: Full-time